Subscribe

Powered By

Free XML Skins for Blogger

Powered by Blogger

duminică, 3 februarie 2008

Jason Becker-Altitudes (Tribute video)



Jason Becker is one of my favourite guitar player and a person that has an iron will. I am imprresed by the fact that although he can barely move he has created great music, kept his mind sharp and his soul clean. In my opinion this song is one of the best he wrote, excellent use of arppegios, good shredding skills, and the way he plays the end of it just mesmerizes me.

I think it’s better to let him and his mother tell you the story (full articles on: http://www.jasonbecker.com/)

Jason Becker: "Hey homeboys and girls. As you probably know, I am a guitarist/musician. You also probably know I have had amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease) for 12 years. In 1989, doctors told me I would probably die in 3 to 5 years. What you probably don't know is why I am still alive, and why in the past four years I haven’t gotten any worse, only better. I have made two CD's, written a few articles, and somehow make the coolest people like to be around me…One night I dreamed I was running. When I woke up I forgot I had a limp, so I walked totally normal until I remembered, "oh, yeah, I have a limp". Then I immediately stumbled. That showed me that if you have control over your mind, you can do anything”.

Pat Becker (Jason’s mom): “His songs always touch me so deeply because I can hear his heart in his music. I have heard that from so many people. It is true. Jason’s heart is in his music.I am fascinated by how Jason sometimes builds songs. He has one tiny idea and adds layer upon layer to that.You will hear something very intricate and beautiful, and as he peels the layers away and brings them back, you realize that the tiny idea all alone is just as beautiful as the whole, finished piece. He is complex and he is simple; in music and in life.”

Niciun comentariu: